1) This is primarily a group about and for our domesticated dog friends! That is, a dog should be the main focus of your artwork. It is acceptable to have other pets or animals in your piece, but the dog must be the thrust of your art. Preferably, humans will be secondary to the piece.
2) Please submit artwork of domesticated dogs only. However, you may portray hybrids of domesticated dogs and their closely related wild brethren; i.e., wolf/dog and dingo/dog hybrids.
3) This is an all media group! Share your photography, drawings, digital art, literature, and/or needlepoint of your dog friends! All media, however, does not mean all subject matter is appropriate -- we are a family-friendly group. Depicting violence and gore will be highly restricted unless, for example, it's a picture or story that advocates against dog fighting.
4) Regardless of what you think your skill level is, your artwork is most welcome here! However, please be courteous to your fellow group members and submit only finished pieces; that is, no works-in-progress.
5) Our dogs are au naturel! Please no fantasy dog breeds/coats/colors/etc. Please submit artwork that portrays naturally-occurring dogs. Fictional dogs that are real-life breeds are acceptable; a good example of this would be any of the dogs in Oliver and Company.
6) There is absolutely no promotion of dogfighting or any other form of dog abuse allowed. We object to dogfighting in the strongest possible terms. Your artwork, however, may allude to dogfighting to advocate against it, i.e., submitting a photograph of a rescued fighting dog.
7) When dealing with your fellow members, please obey the Golden Rule: treat others as you would want to be treated by them. Please promote respectfulness, civility, and kindness, and always give your fellow group members the benefit of the doubt.
1) No more than four pieces of artwork per folder per day.
2) Please submit your artwork in the appropriate folder according to its medium and subject. For example, photographs of puppies should go in the "Puppy Photography" folder, and a poem about your dog should go into the "Literature" folder.
The Featured folder is closed off for members at the moment.